Senior Database Developer - Data Engineer
Published on 05/11/2023Guide Stone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
The Senior Database Developer furnishes technical implementation of enterprise database strategies through analysis, design, coding, and testing of data pipelines and data architectures. Performs duties associated with data stewardship, data security, data integration, data quality, and data standards. Serves as technical leadership for development teams in regards to data-related activities, and provides assistance to operational DBA team for problem resolution and performance tuning activities.
What you will do:
• Proactively plans and implements database strategies utilizing traditional and modern data warehouse technologies and architectures
• Leads creation and enforcement of database development standards
• Collaborate with development teams and end-users throughout the development life-cycle in the creation or enhancement of database applications and interfaces
• Develops code for new functionality, enhancements, and maintenance
• Collaborate with full-stack developers with the debugging and optimization of SQL queries and stored procedures and performs code reviews for database-related objects.
• Collaborate with operations staff in the creation and support of data-related CI/CD pipelines
• Designs and develops data models for internal operational databases, data warehouses, data lakes, and analysis cubes
• Develops optimal data integration strategies with internal applications and external parties
• Develop, tune and maintain ETL processes
• Collaborate with database administrator to monitor & optimize performance, produce metrics, and plan for disaster recovery
• Collaborate with database administrator in researching and evaluating cloud technologies
• Provides support for production systems
• Performs DBA tasks within the development environments
• Other duties may be assigned
What you will need:
• Bachelors Degree, preferred, with major in Computer Science, M.I.S, Engineering, or related field. Comparable work experience will be considered.
• Microsoft Database Certification(s) preferred; e.g. MCDBA, MCTS, MCITP, DP-900, DP-203
• Minimum of 5 years SQL Server Database development
• Minimum of 3 years Structured Query Language
• Minimum of 2 years Azure data platform (Data Factory, Data Bricks, Synapse, Data Lake)
• Minimum of 2 years Data Warehouse development
• Minimum of 2 years SQL Server Integration Services development
• Minimum of 2 years SQL Server Reporting Services development
• Minimum of 1 year Power BI development
• Preferred, 2 years .NET development using C#
• Preferred, 2 years Database Administration Experience
• Preferred, 2 years SQL Server Analysis Services development
• Experience mentoring, teaching, training in various technical disciplines
• Demonstrated ability to hit milestones and achieve deadlines
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to be concise and precise in work products
• Demonstrated ability to be productive and bring assignments to closure
• Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvement
• Desire to produce a work product of very high caliber
• Desire to take the initiative to overcome obstacles
• Ability to know when innovation is the right answer, and then be innovative
• Ability to expect and handle ambiguity without work output suffering
• Ability to maintain high level professional demeanor in all situations
• Ability to be effective even with budget constraints
• Must maintain complete confidentiality
About Guide Stone
GuideStone is a diversified Christian financial services provider, offering retirement, insurance, investment management, property and casualty coverage, and executive planning products and services to the Southern Baptist and wider evangelical Christian community. GuideStone sponsors the nation’s largest Christian-screened registered mutual fund family and is located in Dallas, Texas.
LocationDallas, TX 75244