Relief House Parent
Published on 10/04/2023Glenwood Academy - Glenwood, IL
$18.00 per hourPart TimeFully on-site
POSITION SUMMARY & OBJECTIVES:
Glenwood Academy is seeking married couples to positively impact the lives of diverse children as live-in Part-time / On-Call Relief House Parents .The Relief Houseparent position is responsible for relieving full time house parents of their duties during their scheduled days off and for emergency extended days off. They will be providing a safe and home like environment within the general policies and guidelines of the Agency for the students entrusted in their care. Use of effective verbal and written communication with staff, students and families. Frequent use of computer. Maintains flexibility to adjust work schedule according to Agency needs.
· Daily care and supervision of students entrusted in their care.
· Attend to student’s health, nutrition and rights while in their care.
· Maintain a professional and nurturing relationship with student, parents/guardians, and staff.
· Work as part of a team to ensure high standard of care.
· Participates in team meetings and uses other meetings to accomplish the objectives the agency has for students and families.
· Maintain regular communication with supervisor.
· Monitor safety, health conditions in assigned cottage.
Maintain cottage integrity.
· Plan and implementation of recreation, social activities, and special events for students.
· Ability to work effectively with students and staff in a culturally diverse environment.
· Reinforce positive social and behavioral skills, through everyday encounters.
· Active communication with internal and external team members.
· Complete all necessary reports, forms, and documentation accurately and timely.
Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement in all aspects of the position.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Teach positive social behavioral and educational skills, through everyday encounters and family meetings and by setting goals and charting progress.
· Promote and maintain discipline at all times.
· Maintains flexibility to adjust work schedule according to Agency needs
Participate in agency seminars and in-service programs as designated by administration.
· Ensure that health and safety procedures are observed.
· Attend regular statutory training as well as role-specific training.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Must be 21 years of age.
· Married couple for a minimum three years.
· Minimum education level is a high school diploma or GED.
· Experience working with children and youth.
· Must have valid Illinois driver’s license with no suspensions in effect within the previous three (3) years of hire.
· Must have personal vehicle or access to one and provide proof of automobile liability insurance.
· No history of child abuse or neglect.
· Undergraduate Degree in human service field (i.e. Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, etc.).
· Previous work experience in a residential/boarding environment working with children ages 7-18.
About Glenwood Academy
Glenwood Academy eradicates poverty, injustice, and inequity through the power of residential education.
Glenwood Academy is a revolutionary private residential school that provides a supportive learning community for students grades 2-8, with a high school option at three local partner schools. Working hand-in-hand with parents and caregivers, the Glenwood experience builds the platform children need to be successful students and become outstanding citizens. We provide life-changing solutions for students who come from challenging solutions, and who have been impacted by poverty, violence, inadequate educational systems, as well as a lack of basic resources, such as food and shelter.
Glenwood Academy nurtures and educates good children from challenging situations by inspiring excellence, building character and strengthening community.
Location500 w 187th st, Glenwood, IL 60425